Sunday, September 6, 2009

feeling our way through it

Morning, Friends,
I'm gave a talk today and I have been meditating on what I wanted to convey. And this morning, I was thinking back to a conversation I had with a friend yesterday, when I told him, "I am not kinesthetic, like you..."

And then I thought about asking my friends to feel their way through some thoughts about Spirit I have compiled for their enjoyment today. And wondered how I could possibility be asking THEM to do that, when I declared yesterday that I cannot do that! Duh!!!
So then I realized I already do that. And asked myself what is it that I feel that allows me to consider a thought upstream or downstream, leaning toward the vortex or leaning away. And I realized I feel/sense thoughts in a LOT of different ways as my contemplation continued.

I made a handout for our exercise this afternoon, and then thought some of you might find it interesting. Thanks for visiting my blog!

Love and hugs,

Connee

Cultivating the Kinesthetic: Feeling your way through this…

How does it feel to you?

Warm or cold?

Expansive or contractive?

Clear or muddy?

Open or closed?

Free or bound?

Fun or flat?

Hard or soft?

Drop it in a cool pool and see if it floats or sinks…

Consider it as a playmate – will you invite it to your party?

How does it affect your body?

Do you feel more relaxed or tense?

Do you breathe more deeply in or hold your breath?

Does it look sparkly or dull?

Does it feel like an open doorway or a locked gate?

Are you touched or untouched?

Moved or unmoved?

Shaken or stirred?

Is it received or released?

Resonant or indifferent or repelled?

Joyful or withdrawn?

2 comments:

  1. Whoops, posted this before I finished editing and now I can't figure out how to edit it! Oh, well!

    Letting go of perfectionism!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are great questions to ask. I will use them on myself and on my kids. Thanks for posting.

    ReplyDelete